Sunday, August 15, 2010

TWO WEEKS AND COUNTING...

So I officially have only two weeks left of my half-marathon training! I have been doing pretty good I think. I did liek 10.5 miles today and will start toning down my weekly workouts to prep for the race. I finally got new shoes which worked really well on the first run. I just need to get over the hurdle of my aching knees, which, thanks to years of soccer, are a common thing these days. I load up on some ibuprofen but wish there is something more I could do during the run. Oh well, I will now concentrate on my strength and conditioning. Last week I set the grade on the treadmill up to like 5 or 6 for two miles and it was killer! (Try for a quick hard workout...) My hamstrings haven't been that sore for a while...

Well, go me...right?

3 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

If I can run one, so can you! Keep up the hard work!!

Allen and Co. said...

Good luck, we can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

wharrison said...

So was Jer eating a cheeseburger when you crossed the finish line? This is cool Kim, real cool.