So I don't know what I am thinking, but I have decided I am going to train for a half marathon. I started slow then we went on vacation last week, and suddenly I only have seven and a half weeks to train! I have put together a training schedule and listed some lifestyle changes I need to work on in order to do my best. (Poor Dr. Pepper...I will need to cut back on you!)
Needless to say, I looked at the times online for the Top of Utah half marathon last year, and I don't think I could get the $200 overall prize for getting done the quickest...ha ha (geez, the winning time for the ladies was like 1 hr 20 min). Although they will have some big prize drawings...Anyway, I think it would be really cool to say I have completed something like that and it is a good goal, regardless of how long it really takes me. 'Cause how many people can say, they have run 13.1 miles at once before! Hopefully I can stick to my guns and get it done!
I am looking at doing the Top of Utah half marathon on August 28, which looks like a really great run. Anyone have some good advice? Wish me luck!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome! That is a great goal to work towards. We'll for sure be at the finish line cheering you on!
Good Luck :) I started training in April for the Park City Half marathon, then injured some muscles in my leg & decided it would be better to not run it. I don't know that I'll ever train for another one, but it was fun while it lasted. It will be a great accomplishment!! Have fun!
Post a Comment